Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Character/Spiritual Goals

Character Goals Yoojeong Shin
Writing1 C
Character/Spiritual Goals 3rd Draft


My goal is to become more active and bright. I think I’m too shy and quiet. I tend to look uninterested and boring to others. I really want to change my character. Therefore, I will try to lead more brighter and passionate life from now on. I want to be able to speak up and bravely say what I want. This is how George Santayana describes character and happiness: “Character is the basis of happiness and happiness the sanction of character” (Santayana). Like what he said, I want my character to bring me happiness. The happiness I would gain by changing my character would allow me to be even brighter and more active. The things I gain from my character makes me build my character even more. I will try my best to speak up and be more passionate. Therefore, I will pay a closer attention to what is going around me, not just sit around as if I’m bored. This will be my first step of changing my character. I will carry on by being more passionate towards whatever I’m doing.
Santayana, George . "bartleby.com." The Columbia World of Quotations. 2005. 28 Jan
2007 .

No comments: